Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
John Travolta donated 10 per cent of foundations revenue to Scientology last year
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 02:25 PM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
Tax filings for the year 2010-11 show a total of 14 donations were made totaling $27,850; $2,500 went to a Scientology detox charity in Ocala, Florida, while others to benefit included the Starlight Children's Foundation and the No Limits Limbs Loss Foundation, which both received $5,000 each.
John Travolta can’t imagine not being an actor
Lady Gaga is being sued for $5 million over her charity wristbands
Matthew McConaughey bases the work of his charity on the needs of his own children
A further $2,500 was given to the Marion County Sheriff's Foundation.
Those not benefiting from the cash include any charities supporting autism, despite it being confirmed by John his son suffered with the disease – which is not officially recognized by Scientology – in a Bahamian courtroom hearing.
John, 57, and his wife Kelly Preston previously claimed the youngster had Kawasaki disease, a rare condition which causes inflammation of blood vessels, but no money went to any charities supporting that affliction.
Other donations included $250 to the Ehlers Danlos Syndrome Foundation – an affliction causing loose joints and hyperelastic skin – and $2,500 to the Central Florida Community College for a scholarship in Jett's memory.