Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
John Travolta collects hot chocolate from around the world - says it reminds him of Christmas
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 at 08:24 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
He said: "It represents winter wonderlands, it represents Christmas. I've collected various types of cocoa from around the world."
He then showed talk show host Ellen DeGeneres a number of different types, explaining how Brazilian cocoa powder has a "hint of cinnamon and pepper" which differentiates it from types from other countries.
However, a seemingly unimpressed Ellen replied: "Smells like chocolate."
John, 58, went on to explain that people should be careful how they handle cocoa powder because any impurities from air or touch can affect its quality.
He said: "Never blow on it. Like a fine wine, it changes the quality of the chocolate. So, never, ever blow on it."
John was appearing on Ellen's show to promote his festive album with Olivia Newton John, 'This Christmas'. All proceeds from the record are going to charitable causes.
And the actor's share of the money will benefit the Jett Travolta Foundation - named in memory of his autistic son who died aged 16 after suffering a seizure in the Bahamas in January 2009 - and he hopes the organisation can support people dealing with similar conditions, as well as other handicapped and underprivileged kids.
He explained: "Autism and seizures are the least known areas of illnesses and I feel bad that there's so many people dealing with this and there are no answers for. So, I felt like starting a foundation that will help that. Plus, I widened it. It's also for handicapped children and the handicapped Olympics. It's also for underprivileged children. So I widened my purpose a bit there, too."
Olivia - who survived breast cancer - will give of all of her proceeds to her eponymous Cancer and Wellness Foundation.>
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...