Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jodie Foster: Mel Gibson is an 'incredibly loving and sensitive' person
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 10:01 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
Speaking at the premiere of her film ‘The Beaver’ – in which Mel stars -in Texas, she said: “He's so incredibly loving and sensitive, he really is. He is the most loved actor I have ever worked with on a movie.
“And he's not saintly, and he's got a big mouth, and he'll do gross things your nephew would do. But I knew the minute I met him that I would love him the rest of my life."
Jodie has been close to the ‘Braveheart’ star since they appeared in 1994 movie ‘Maverick’ together, and she admits she has helped him deal with the end of his relationship with Oksana – with whom he has an 18-month-old daughter, Lucia – in April 2010.
She said: “I know him in a very complex way. I know that he has troubles, and when you love somebody you don't just walk away from them when they are struggling.
"We talked about it all the way through, about what was going on in his life. I don't think he told me until it was something he couldn't handle by himself."
Jodie, 48, also thinks Mel, 55, gives an “extraordinary performance” in the film, which sees him play a deeply depressed husband who starts speaking only to a beaver hand puppet as he struggles to resolve his relationship with his wife and son.
She told The Hollywood Reporter: “I think anybody who comes to see the film and understands Mel's extraordinary performance in the movie can't go away untouched by his humanity.
“The performance he gave in this movie, I will always be grateful for. He brought a lifetime of pain to the character that we've been talking about for years, that I knew was part of his psyche and who he is.
“It's part of him that is beautiful and that I want people to know, too. I can't ever regret that."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...