Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jodie Foster has been praised by a number of stars after confirming she is gay
Posted on Monday, January 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
|Foster at the Golden Globe Awards|
The 50-year-old actress candidly spoke about her personal life as she accepted the Cecile B. DeMille award for outstanding achievement in film at last night's Golden Globe Awards in Los Angeles (13.01.13), and her Hollywood peers have shown an outpouring of support on Twitter following the speech.
Former talk show host Rosie O'Donnell - who is an out lesbian - wrote on the social networking site: "jodie foster - rather amazing speech... made me tear up - bravo Jodie (sic)".
Meanwhile, Latin singer Ricky Martin, who publicly acknowledged his sexuality for the first time in 2010, wrote: "Jody Foster On your terms. Its your time! Not before nor after. Its when it feels right! (sic)".
'Modern Family' actor Jesse Tyler Ferguson added: "Jodie Foster. You are perfection. I love you."
'Glee' actress Kristin Chenoweth was overcome by emotion watching the awards ceremony, which aired in the US last night.
She wrote: "im bawling. Jodie foster killed me. Wonderful (sic)".
Oscar-winning actor Richard Dreyfuss tweeted: "Jodie Foster is one of the most amazing actresses of all time. More than that she's one of the most amazing people."
Other stars who showed their support for the 'Panic Room' actress include Alan Cumming, Valerie Bertinelli, Nina Garcia and Gabrielle Union.
Revealing the news at the Golden Globes, Jodie - who has been acting since she was three years old - said her family and friends had known about her sexual orientation for "a thousand years".
The actress also paid tribute to former partner Cydney Bernard, with whom she raises children Charlie, 14, and 11-year-old Kit, in her acceptance speech. See more: LGBT
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...