Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Joan Jett says Kristen Stewart has what it takes in 'The Runaways'
Posted on Wednesday, September 08, 2010 at 01:39 PM
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
Joan Jett who will be played by Kristen Stewart in the new movie 'The Runaways'has stated one of her aims is to find her Irish roots.
" My father was Irish, and I believe he came from County Mayo. Want to explore that a little bit more when I have the time...
She also told movies.ie that Kristen Stewart of 'Twilight ' fame did a great job in the new movie playing her.
"I never wanted a movie in the first place. I figured, all they could do was screw it up. So, I wasn't really into it...
I decided, once I was going to sell them my life rights and stuff, that I wanted to be involved in all of it, and be there as much as possible.
And once I met Kristen Stewart, and talked to her about the role, and about her take on it, I was really pretty confident that she was going to have what it takes to get where she needed to get.
So, I think a lot of it comes down to the actors, that they took it so seriously.
They did a lot of their own research, and then Cherie Currie got to work with Dakota Fanning, which I'm sure was helpful for Dakota.
And I was there on set every day, watching Kristen, to be there for her, if she needed to ask me any questions. 'How would you do this?'
I also wanted to watch the movie production. I wanted to make sure that nothing got too far - what's the word - afield? So, this is a movie, so there are a few embellishments, but it's based on a lot of factual things, and I just wanted to stay around and make sure that it was in the realm of reality."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...