Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jim Carrey and 26-year-old Tipperary make-up artist Cathriona White split up
Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 09:04 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Jim Carrey and his ex Cathriona White|
Funnyman Jim Carrey (51) has confirmed his split from his girlfriend, Irish makeup artist Cathriona White.
The couple met before Christmas when they were in Los Angeles, where White is based. White, originally from Cappawhite, Co. Tipperary, is in California to break Hollywood. The couple managed to keep out of the public eye, however, Carrey confirmed that he comforted her when her father passed aways some months ago.
The Irish Independent reports that Carrey confirmed the pair have since split, “I did go out with an Irish girl.
“We're not seeing each other anymore. But she is lovely."
White moved to Los Angeles over three years ago and since her move has worked on the zombie tv series “The Online Gamer.”
She went to college in Limerick and then trained to be a beautician. Locals from her Cappawhite hometown describe her as a “very funny, witty, down to earth girl,” The Sun reports. Locals were not surprised when the brilliant brunette set off for the big city. Folks back home are happy for her saying, “People in Cappawhite are delighted for her- she seems to be living it up - doing makeup for the stars and mixing with them all.”