Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jenny McCarthy is desperate for Jim Carrey to visit her son
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 at 10:26 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
|Jim Carrey and Evan|
She said: "I've tried to ask Jim numerous times [to see Evan], because my son still asks.
"I haven't [reached out directly] . . . I think that sometimes people need to take a real break from each other. But I still love him. I think you can love people from a distance and respect him. But as a mother, you just hope when you have a relationship with someone, it has nothing to do with the child when you break up."
Jenny - who admitted Evan often watches Jim's movies - says it has been "hard" helping the youngster coming to terms with the 51-year-old funnyman no longer being in their lives and has sought therapy to help him.
She added on the 'Howard Stern Show': "I tell [Evan] that someday you'll cross paths, meet again. . . [but] it's hard. He's been in therapy. It's a process, he's working on it."
Despite her sadness over Evan's upset, Jenny - who had the youngster with former husband John Mallory Asher - insists she made the right decision.
The Playboy model - who is now dating NFL player Brian Urlacher - said: "As you get older you kind of get to see things more clearly.
"Hopefully you get happier [over time], and I am so much happier."