Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jenny McCarthy is desperate for Jim Carrey to visit her son
Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 at 10:26 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|Jim Carrey and Evan|
She said: "I've tried to ask Jim numerous times [to see Evan], because my son still asks.
"I haven't [reached out directly] . . . I think that sometimes people need to take a real break from each other. But I still love him. I think you can love people from a distance and respect him. But as a mother, you just hope when you have a relationship with someone, it has nothing to do with the child when you break up."
Jenny - who admitted Evan often watches Jim's movies - says it has been "hard" helping the youngster coming to terms with the 51-year-old funnyman no longer being in their lives and has sought therapy to help him.
She added on the 'Howard Stern Show': "I tell [Evan] that someday you'll cross paths, meet again. . . [but] it's hard. He's been in therapy. It's a process, he's working on it."
Despite her sadness over Evan's upset, Jenny - who had the youngster with former husband John Mallory Asher - insists she made the right decision.
The Playboy model - who is now dating NFL player Brian Urlacher - said: "As you get older you kind of get to see things more clearly.
"Hopefully you get happier [over time], and I am so much happier."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...