Jay-Z and President Barack Obama often text each other
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
|President Barack Obama|
Irish Celebrity Gossip
, Irish Entertainment Blog
The rapper and the US President are close friends and Jay-Z revealed he exchanges text messages with the Commander-in-Chief.
He told New York City radio station HOT97: “I've spoken to him on the phone and had texts from Obama. Of course.
“Yes, that's happened, and it's amazing.”
The pair chat about many different things and one of the topics they discussed was last year's presidential election when Obama ran against Mitt Romney.
He said: "I don't know if this is breaching national security. But when he was getting elected the second time, he was like, 'Hey, you know, fourth quarter, just give me the ball.'
"I said, 'word.'"
Earlier this year, Jay-Z's wife Beyonce Knowles performed at the president's second inauguration.
The 'Diva' singer - who performed at his first inauguration in 2009 and supported him throughout his campaign for a second term - sang the National Anthem at the prestigious event.
Beyonce also performed a cover of Etta James' 'At Last' for the President and First Lady Michelle Obama during one of the Inaugural Balls four years ago.
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...