Jay-Z and President Barack Obama often text each other
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|President Barack Obama|
Irish Celebrity Gossip
, Irish Entertainment Blog
The rapper and the US President are close friends and Jay-Z revealed he exchanges text messages with the Commander-in-Chief.
He told New York City radio station HOT97: “I've spoken to him on the phone and had texts from Obama. Of course.
“Yes, that's happened, and it's amazing.”
The pair chat about many different things and one of the topics they discussed was last year's presidential election when Obama ran against Mitt Romney.
He said: "I don't know if this is breaching national security. But when he was getting elected the second time, he was like, 'Hey, you know, fourth quarter, just give me the ball.'
"I said, 'word.'"
Earlier this year, Jay-Z's wife Beyonce Knowles performed at the president's second inauguration.
The 'Diva' singer - who performed at his first inauguration in 2009 and supported him throughout his campaign for a second term - sang the National Anthem at the prestigious event.
Beyonce also performed a cover of Etta James' 'At Last' for the President and First Lady Michelle Obama during one of the Inaugural Balls four years ago.
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...