Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jay Leno skit portrays Queen as legless drunk at Guinness Storehouse - VIDEO
Posted on Friday, May 20, 2011 at 03:58 PM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
Leno opened by saying "Ye know Queen Elizabeth is on this historic tour of Ireland and she visited the Guinness beer factory and eh, well it was interesting. Show what happened"
His clip went on to portray the Queen being greeted at the entrance, being presented with a pint of Guinness and spending the next two hours getting tanked. He continued "Here she is going in. They all come out to greet her. Okay. Now they present her with a Guinness. Okay. Two hours later. Look at this….Threw her right in the car, that's bad."
The skit ends with two bodyguards throwing a legless Queen substitute into the back of a car.
The Queen and her husband Prince Phillip visited the Storehouse on Wednesday. There was quite a stir in the media when the Queen and Phillip declined to try the pint presented to them after they had been given a master class in how to pour the perfect pint.
Last year Jay Leno famously created a skit game for his audience to identify the Taoiseach (Prime Minister) of Ireland, Brian Cowen, at the time. Cowen had just been involved in some controversy after he had been accused of being drunk during a morning interview on the state broadcaster RTE.
Here is Leno's skit on the Queen's visit to Guinness:
Jay Leno's 'Tonight Show' mocks Brian Cowen following famous interview - SEE VIDEO
The Queen turns down a free pint of Guinness - VIDEO & PHOTOS