Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jane Lynch's 'heart sank' when she realized she was a lesbian
Posted on Sunday, October 16, 2011 at 11:01 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
She said: "I never felt right in my body. I loved Halloween as I could dress up as a guy.
"[When I realized I was gay] my heart sank and I thought, 'No one can ever find out.'"
Jane – who is best known for playing Sue Sylvester in 'Glee' – also recalled her battle with alcohol earlier in her career, admitting she rarely felt good about herself as she was so filled with shame about her sexuality.
The actress – who joined alcoholics anonymous when she was 31 - added in an interview with the Daily Mail newspaper: "I drank every day since my senior year of high school just to get a buzz.
"I only felt good about twice in that time, but I was chasing a thrill.
"I was lonely and, even when I was out as a gay person, there was so much shame in it still.
"I never got as far as thinking about suicide, but it wasn't a good time."
'Glee's' Jane Lynch relied on the US Postal Service to tell her parents she was gay
Jane Lynch's biggest regret is having an affair with her friend's lover
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...