Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Jane Lynch's 'Glee' character is inspired by Simon Cowell
Posted on Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 05:29 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
The 50-year-old actress – who plays scathing cheer-leading coach Sue Sylvester on the US TV show – believes there are many similarities between the teacher and the straight-talking talent show judge.
She said: "If ever there was a guy who tells it like it is, then it's Simon Cowell. You could definitely look at Sue and say there's a lot of Simon in her.
"He's a great inspiration for the character of Sue - there is a lot that I can take from him and put into her."
Jane also admitted she is “amazed” by the public’s reaction to Sue and believes people admire her in the same way they respect music mogul Simon.
She explained in an interview with The Sun newspaper: "Simon and Sue say the things people wish they could in their jobs or at their school, but can't because it's not the done thing.
"Just like him, she says what she wants because she can - there is nobody there to tell either of them to stop."
The similarity is so great 'Glee' fans have even set up a Facebook group pleading for Sue to join the 'X Factor' panel – and Jane agrees her character would make a "fantastic" judge, though she would probably clash with Simon.
She said: "People have asked me, 'What about having Sue on ‘The X Factor’? How would she do?' I think she'd be fantastic - and there would be a few contestants reduced to tears.
"It can never happen, though. Simon and Sue on the same judging panel will never work in a million years - there's only room for one ego on the show!"
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...