Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
‘Jane Eyre’ actor Michael Fassbender almost became a heavy metal rocker
Posted on Wednesday, August 31, 2011 at 10:26 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
The ‘Jane Eyre’ actor formed a rock band with his friend Mike when they were teenagers, but the project was abandoned a disastrous first concert in a pub in Dingle, Ireland, where he grew up.
Michael explained: “I had heavy metal, that was a great help to me.
Banging your head kills so many brain cells you don’t think too much.
“We tried to busk but it was raining, so we persuaded this guy to let us play in his pub, but we were playing heavy metal and it was lunchtime, so it was like, ‘turn it down guys, turn it down’.
UK ‘X Factor’s’ Irish star Janet Devlin becomes a YouTube sensation –VIDEO
The new ‘Twilight? Spielberg’s Dreamworks snaps up Irish fantasy series
‘Twilight’s’ Taylor Lautner could not escape Robert Pattinson’s kiss
---------------------“In the end we were playing on unplugged electric guitars, so we said, let’s just give it up.”
Michael also had aspirations to be a lawyer, an architect or a war journalist when he was younger, but as soon as he started acting – first in a surreal production written by his drama teacher when he was 17, then directing his own production of ‘Reservoir Dogs’ - he knew it was what he wanted to focus his career on.
He added: “Once I thought perhaps I could be quite good, I committed to it 100 per cent, it was my one and only priority.”
Trailer for 'Jane Eyre':