James McAvoy binged on alcohol to prepare for his new movie 'Filth'
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
The 34-year-old actor plays corrupt police officer Bruce Robertson, who spends his time indulging in alcohol abuse and gorges on junk food in John S. Baird's big screen adaptation of Irvine Welsh's twisted novel of the same name, and the Scottish star felt it was important to wake up with regular hangovers to understand the character properly.
He told Nuts magazine: "I ate a lot of pies, I drank a lot of Guinness and I drank a lot of whisky. I enjoy a fair old drink in a spike, like a binge, every now and again, but I don't do it every night. So I tried to drink every night, to the point of being really drunk, just so I'd wake up the next day and feel the way he'd feel."
While he doesn't usually partake in method acting he enjoyed being able to be grumpy on set while hungover.
He explained to Nuts magazine: "I'm not a method actor but it was quite nice being able to got to work the next day and go 'Bah, I f**king hate everything. I hate myself, I hate my breakfast, I hate my shoes, I hate my pants, I hate everything... "
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...