Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
James Franco has "tried to help" Lindsay Lohan through her troubles
Posted on Wednesday, December 19, 2012 at 08:23 AM
- Lindsay Lohan has never been better, according to her mother Dina
- Amanda Bynes allegedly lunged at a fan after he tried to take her photograph on Friday
- ‘Glee’ actor Matthew Morrison wants a musical collaboration with Adam Levine
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly ‘making life hell’ for staff and other patients at the Betty Ford clinic
- Gerard Butler has split from girlfriend Madalina Ghenea
|Lohan in a scene from 'Liz & Dick'|
He said: "Lindsay and I had reconnected at that time. I had been writing some poems about the Chateau Marmont and one or two of the poems involved Lindsay.
"I haven't talked to her in a long time because it seemed like she was getting into some more trouble. I've tried to help her."
James is sympathetic to the 26-year-old actress - who recently had her probation revoked after it was claimed she lied to police - and believes one reason why she often finds herself in trouble is because of all the hype surrounding her life and constant offers for her to write a tell-all book about her experiences.
He added to MTV: "I think one of the reasons it's so hard is when she gets in trouble, she gets all this attention and I'm sure she gets book offers.
"Like she goes to jail, and instead of feeling like, 'I really hit a low place', she'll get a crazy offer for her jail memoir."