Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
James Franco has praised "Snow White And The Huntsman" actor Kristen Stewart's acting skills
Posted on Saturday, June 09, 2012 at 10:04 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
The actor spoke about the actress, 22, in an article for the Huffington Post in which he analyzed her latest movie 'Snow White And The Huntsman."
He said: "Some might argue that Stewart - or any young upstart buoyed by the surge of a successful franchise, album, or Internet meme - is just as unjustly charmed. Some could say she had a lucky break when she was cast in 'Twilight' and then rose to international stardom based less on her own skills than on the success of the project.
"But, whereas Snow White would more than likely be inarticulate, diseased and frail after being confined in a tower for 10 years, Kristen Stewart landed 'Twilight' after years of working with some of the best directors in the business (David Fincher, Sean Penn). She actually does deserve the crown."
He added: "To me, then, the images of Snow White as a leader of immense strength, charging on horseback across the beach at the head of an army, has less to do with her character and more to do with the actress who plays her.
"Stewart has braved more scrutiny of her private life than most presidents. She has taken big career risks by doing films like 'Welcome to the Rileys', 'The Runaways' and 'On the Road' (nudity, I hear). She has worked her ass off. Whatever Snow White may be, Kristen is a warrior queen. Give her the crown."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...