Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Is ‘X-Men: First Class’ star Michael Fassbender the next Robert Pattinson?- VIDEO
Posted on Wednesday, June 01, 2011 at 04:32 PM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
|Michael Fassbender and James McEvoy|
Speaking to USA Today ahead of this Friday’s premiere of the highly anticipated prequel “X-Men: First Class”, the Irish man said he is trying not to think too much about the response to the film.
"I don't know what's going to happen. I don't really think of it. I'll have to take it as it comes, really. It's one of those things I'll have to deal with if and when it arrives," says Fassbender.
When asked if he would consider moving to an island to avoid any Robert Pattinson style screaming fans, he suggest that may be a bit extreme for him.
"I like the island part, but bodyguards only attract more attention to me. I think I can blend in pretty well," Fassbender told USA today.
Michael Fassbender enjoys rave reviews in ‘Jane Eyre’
Michael Fassbender is officially a Hollywood leading man
In his new film he plays Magneto, a lone assassin on a plot to kill the man who murdered his mother in a concentration camp who experimented with him, when he was a young boy enabling him to move objects with his powers.
“First Class” tells the story of how Fassbender’s character became friends with James McAvoy’s Charlies Xavier.
“In this film, a lot depends on their relationship. It was very important for us to get the beat to that relationship right so when it finally does fracture, there's a sense of tragedy," says Fassbender.
He is also working on several other projects, already at the half way point with “Prometheus”, after that he says: “I think I'll disappear for a while -- with four bodyguards. I'm going to take 2 or 3 months off, for some downtime".
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...