Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Is Patriots' Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen’s marriage a “career move” or “publicity stunt”
Posted on Friday, January 27, 2012 at 08:06 AM
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
|Tom Brady and Gisele Bunchen|
First of all, when you're not living in reality, or at least not a reality that 99% of Americans will ever experience, the normal rules no longer apply. Rules are for the little people.
Tom Brady, who will lead the New England Patriots against the New York Giants in the Super Bowl in a few weeks, knows all about it by now.
Brady has been married to the Brazilian-German super-model Gisele Bundchen for just under two years, an absolute lifetime in celerity wedding years, and the couple has a baby son.
Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen’s $20 million mansion in Hollywood completed - PHOTO
Tom Coughlin and Tom Brady will have their Irish up for Super Bowl --Two warriors of the NFL face off in the big game
Bridget Moynahan snipes at her ex Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen
But longtime celebrity watchers are already predicting the couple will end their marriage in a year or at the most two because the fact is Tom and Gisele do not live in the real world - they live in a series of massive mansions and they employ legions of dedicated staff just to run their bloated homes and careers.
Hollywood teaches that celebrities at their level simply don't marry for love, they marry for publicity, and publicity keeps them famous, and fame keeps them rich.
So with Brady’s NFL career in the final stretch and Bundchen's name out of the headlines, the most cynical observers predict a divorce will help maintain the public’s flagging interest once their careers finally go off the boil.
You can have it all, it appears - well, you can have fame and money - but at the level of fame that Tom and Gisele have reached there's a point where love begins to look like a pointless distraction. We'll know if that's true before too long.
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...