Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Irish songstress Sinead O’Connor says she had ‘violent clash’ with Prince - VIDEO
Posted on Saturday, February 02, 2013 at 10:25 AM
- Former Nickelodeon star Amanda Bynes arrested for drug possession in New York
- Amanda Bynes' parents are trying to get her placed under a conservatorship
- One Direction won four awards at the inaugural Social Star Awards
- ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ star Jessica Chastain found it ‘scary’ wearing Elizabeth Taylor's necklace
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
The Irish singer who got her first big break in the music world when she covered the Prince track, said that the pair took an instant dislike to each other when they met.
Read More: Irish singer Sinead O’Connor is in love again after short marriage to counselor Barry Herridge
"I loved his music, but I had absolutely no idea or expectation that that single would be such a big hit, not at all. Did I ever meet Prince? I did and... we didn't like each other. At all. Ha ha! I'm not going to go into it, but we detest each other..." the 46-year-old said in a new interview with Uncut magazine.
"It got violent too, which is why I can't go into it, but it is a very funny story. I'll tell it when I'm an old lady and I write my book.”
Sinead's version of 'Nothing Compares 2 U' went to number one in 14 countries in 1990.