Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Irish milliner Philip Treacy creates another piece of art for Lady Gaga
Posted on Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 11:25 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
|Lady Gaga and Philip Treacy in London last week.|
Phillip Treacy, the Co. Galway-born milliner to the stars, cooked up yet another wacky creation for one of his favorite clients, Lady Gaga, which she showed off during a shipping trip in London last week.
Treacy, who is based in the city, topped off the Lady’s head with a bunch of multi-colored dollar signs.
She spent part of her time on a shopping trip with Treacy, and undoubtedly dropped a few bucks in the vintage clothing store where she combed the racks.
Treacy and Gaga go back a way. She’s a keen follower of his designs and at one point expressed an interest in interning with the world famous hat maker, who also topped the heads of many guests at the Will and Kate royal wedding. (Remember the ridiculous antlers that Princess Beatrice wore? That was a Treacy invention.)
“She plans to (intern),” Treacy told The Guardian this summer. “She's already visited me. This is what happened: one Monday morning, four burly bodyguards arrived – Lady Gaga's security team – to check out the security of the building. I looked at them as if to say, what?! Who is going to take a pot shot at Lady Gaga? Anyway, she is young, talented and peculiar – which I like.”