Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Irish girl Joanne O’Riordan who spoke at the UN wants One Direction to do a charity song based on her life -VIDEO
Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 at 10:31 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
The Irish Examiner reports on the teen’s courageous and inspiring efforts. The song that O’Riordan would like recorded has already been written by Grammy award winner Julie Gold, who also penned ‘From a Distance.’ Gold’s new song, ‘No Limits’ is inspired by O’Riordan’s struggles.
"A section of the song is based on Joanne’s life," Joanne’s brother Steven said. "It talks about how Joanne’s heart, spirit, and mind has helped her to get where she is and achieve what she has achieved.
Steven is also working on a film documentary about Joanne’s life, which the family hopes to be completed by next year.
"We are basically looking for an international superstar,” said Steven about the new song. “We are chasing One Direction [but] nothing has been agreed."
Joanne has compiled a top twenty list of performers she would like to see attached to the song, but currently One Direction is topping that list, while the cast of ‘Glee’ is also included.
"The aim is that this will be a big thing," Steven said.
The Irish Examiner reports that the new single would be released in a number of countries, while the O’Riordan family have decided that a portion of the money raised will be donated to the ISPCA and Pieta House.
Most of it, however, would be used to develop a robot for Joanne, who is wheelchair bound since she has no limbs. While speaking at the UN last month, O’Riordan received a standing ovation as she said: "I want to live an independent life just like you. I don’t want to live in the shadow of others, because I want to make my own journey in life, and I know if I’m given that chance I can and will succeed."
"This robot would become my hands and legs,” said O’Riordan.
Both One Direction and ‘Glee’ currently have Irish-ties, making their support of Joanne O’Riordan even more poignant. Niall Horan, native of Mullingar, is one fifth of new international sensation One Direction, while Damian McGinty, Derry native and former Celtic Thunder crooner, is completing a guest stint on FOX’s ‘Glee.’
JOANNE O'RIORDAN @ ITU's Girls in ICT Day - New York City
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...