Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Irish gambling on David and Victoria Beckham split
Posted on Wednesday, January 06, 2010 at 11:42 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
Irish bookmaker Paddy Power has slashed the odds on football star David Beckham splitting up with wife Victoria, formerly known as Posh Spice.
The bookies were offering the celeb crack-up at 80/1 but are now offering just 10/1 after detecting unusual betting patterns.
They said they cut the odds after a number of new customers signed up with paddypower.com to have a maximum stake bet on the celebrity market.
The odds are available under "hatches, matches and dispatches" on the bookies' website.
The price move has sparked a media avalanche that a shock split announcement is coming from one of the world’s most famous couples.
Sharon McHugh, spokesperson for Paddy Power said: “The Beckhams were 80/1 on our list as they’ve been through some tough times before but always showed a united front – it’s hard to imagine them splitting up but there IS a reason why these people are having a bet -we just don’t know it yet!”
The following are the top 11 break-ups Paddy Power is taking bets on.
4/1 Prince Harry & Chelsy
5/1 Madonna & Jesus Luz
6/1 Kate Moss & Jamie Hince
6/1 Kelly Brook & Danny Cipriani
8/1 Ashley & Cheryl Cole
8/1 Russell Brand & Katy Perry
8/1 Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt
10/1 Kathryn Jenkins & Gethin Jones
10/1 Posh & Becks
12/1 Zac Efron & Vanessa Hudgens