Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Irish American actress Jessica Chastain is shocked to be considered a sex symbol
Posted on Wednesday, November 28, 2012 at 08:50 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
Speaking in the new issue of the UK edition of GQ magazine, she said: "When someone tells me I'm a sex symbol I'm like, 'What?' But I'll take what I can get. That'll teach all those boys back in junior high [school]. In fact, I hope my very first boyfriend, the guy I dated for one month and who broke up with me at the Valentine's Day dance - I hope that boy reads this!"
Although she doesn't think of herself as any man's dream woman, Jessica does enjoy getting flattering comments from the opposite sex.
She explained: "It's a huge compliment when someone says you're attractive, especially when I was such an awkward kid - I was very tomboyish, with very short red hair, running around with cowboy boots on."
Another reason why Jessica doesn't understand the attention she attracts is because she doesn't behave like lots of other famous women.
The screen beauty insists you won't ever see her stumbling out of nightclubs and she wants to stay as anonymous as she can be in Hollywood.
She said: "I'm certainly not the sort of actress to fall out of a club at 2am with no knickers on ... But I hardly ever get recognised. If I go outside and walk around for 10 minutes trust me, no one will run up begging for an autograph."See more: Valentine's Day
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...