Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
"Inception" and "Dark Knight Rising" star Tom Hardy is set to swap movies for musicals
Posted on Monday, May 28, 2012 at 09:49 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
Tom - who will appear in this year's latest Batman film, 'The Dark Knight Rises' - describes the musical as a "crazy piece of work" and he can't wait to get started on the project.
Speaking about his character, he told the Daily Mail newspaper: "Harold's a cross between two guys Robert De Niro has played in Martin Scorsese films, 'The King of Comedy' and 'Taxi Driver'.
"Think of 'Taxi Driver' as a Bollywood movie and 'Harold's Harem' is somewhere where all those - 'The King of Comedy', 'Taxi Driver' and 'Bollywood' - meet."
However, Tom was coy when asked if he would be singing and dancing in the production, saying: "It's not a traditional musical."
He added that he thought it would be a serious piece more in the vein of the Civil Rights breakthrough musical 'Caroline Or Change' that transferred from New York to London's National Theatre in 2003.
Tom said when and where the show would be produced was still being debated.