Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Hugh Jackman went without water for 36 hours before filming the opening scene in 'Les Miserables'
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 at 08:11 AM
- Demi Lovato claims ‘X Factor’ creator Simon Cowell is very ‘humble’
- Michael Douglas' admires how exposed Matt Damon allowed himself be for 'Behind the Candelabra'
- Amanda Bynes feels like she is being ‘punked’
- Channing Tatum releases the first image of his newborn daughter Everly
- 'Man of Steel’ star Amy Adams can't let go of her Mormon values
|Jackman as Jean Valjean|
Speaking at the world premiere of 'Les Miserables' at London's Odeon Leicester Square cinema, Hugh told BANG Showbiz: "I had to lose a lot of weight, so I went on a very strict diet. I even went without water for 36 hours before I filmed the opening scene. And then after that, I put on weight. I was training every day."
In the movie, Russell Crowe plays Valjean's arch-enemy, Javert, and Hugh said he loved every moment of working with Russell, especially as they have a lot of history together.
He said: "I've known for Russell for years. If you ever go to a party thrown by Russell you end up singing so we had a lot of practice! But it was great working with him and he's one of the world's greatest actors. I love him."
Other stars to walk the red carpet at the premiere included Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron-Cohen.
'Les Miserables' is released in the US on Christmas Day and around the world on January 11 2013.