Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Hugh Jackman wants to punch Russell Crowe as many times as possible during 'Les Miserables'
Posted on Wednesday, March 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
|Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe|
A source told The Sun newspaper: "The crew find it hilarious as Crowe would obviously sweep the floor with Jackman in real life.
"Hugh keeps ribbing Russell and winding him up but he's been getting his own back by calling Hugh a twirlie, which is showbiz speak for a singer/dancer."
Although Hugh has always had to be in good shape to play muscular superhero Wolverine in the 'X Men' films, he was recently told he had to bulk up to play the character in the next movie, 'The Wolverine', as he had lost so many pounds while appearing in 'Hugh Jackman: Back On Broadway'.
He said: "The studio wants me to bulk up. Singing and dancing makes the suits nervous because weight just falls off me, but I'd rather sing and dance on Broadway than make movies."
Russell is also no stranger to long fight scenes, having undergone grueling shoots against Michael Shannon in 'Superman: Man of Steel', in which he played the titular superhero's father,
He tweeted: "15km bike ride, umpteen hours fighting Michael Shannon. He's very hard to put down. Hard to tell who wins, we are still fighting tomorrow. (sic)"