Hugh Jackman says his family means more to him than anything else
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
|Still of Hugh Jackman in "Prisoners"|
Irish Celebrity Gossip
The 'Prisoners' star - who is married to actress Deborra-Lee Furness - puts his private life above his career and insists fame and fortune aren't important to him.
He told the Sunday Telegraph newspaper: "Debs has strength and a lot of courage. She is very grounded. Our family matters more than anything - and I mean anything.
"At the Oscars [in 2009], when I put my hand on my heart, that's a sign to Debs out there, a reminder that this is what matters and that all the rest - the awards and the money and the fame - may come and go.
"There'll be time when I'm flavor of the month, times when I'm not. But Debs and my kids are what matters to me."
The couple adopted their children - son Oscar, 13, and eight-year-old daughter Ava - when they discovered they couldn't have their own naturally, and the 44-year-old actor admitted his path to parenthood has been tough.
He added: "[It was] painful ... Trying to have children is wonderful, and when you feel as though that's not going to happen, there's a certain anxiety.
"We'd always planned and hoped to have both adopted children and biological children. But it turned out we didn't have biological children."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...