Hugh Jackman says Australians "dominate" Hollywood
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
The 44-year-old actor, who was born in Sydney, thinks the charming Australian accent is much sought after in the filmmaking capital because movie makers love Aussie stars.
When quizzed about being an Australian working in Hollywood, he said: "We dominate! We're the majority now! It's always good to be an Aussie wherever you are ... it's because Hollywood accepts us. Aussies over there they just love them, they love the accent, they want to know everything about you, they really dig the Aussies."
Hugh launched his acting career Down Under and after completing a one-year drama course in his home town he moved to Perth, Western Australia, where he honed his talent at Edith Cowan University, before graduating in 1994.
The Hollywood hunk, who is keen to stay close to his roots, is extremely proud of the training he received and credits the country for the level of skill their actors have.
In an interview with The Grill Team on Australian radio station Triple M 104.9FM, he said: "It's a good time to be an Aussie, I'm real proud of all the Aussies and real credit to how in Australia we train actors really well, and in general how Aussies will have a go and aren't afraid to pack up and have a crack."
Be the first to make a comment.
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...