Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Hugh Hefner has praised Playboy Anna Sophia Berglund as his 'best girl'
Posted on Thursday, June 23, 2011 at 01:00 PM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
The 85-year-old Playboy boss – who split from fiancee Crystal Harris earlier this month, and shortly after moved Anna into his bedroom – thinks his new girlfriend is "one in a million".
Writing on his twitter page, he said: "With Crystal gone, Anna is my best girl, but she's also Crystal's good friend. Anna is really one in a million. (sic)"
Despite having moved on with the blonde beauty – who was named Playmate of the Month for January 2011 – the magazine mogul admitted he was stunned by Crystal's decision to call off their wedding days before they were due to tie the knot, but admitted the support of Anna was helping him through the split.
He recently tweeted: "I didn't see any of this coming, but I'm glad things went wrong before the marriage instead of after. Live & learn.
Hugh Hefner is dating a new Playboy model
Double life Dublin teacher is off to party at Playboy HQ
Dublin woman at the helm of Playboy Enterprises
"The one who has been the most supportive is Anna. She didn't see this coming either, she's Crystal's best friend. (sic)"
Meanwhile, Crystal blamed the couple's split on her not feeling comfortable to know that Hugh had other women in his life.
She said: "I wasn't the only woman in Hef's life. I didn't feel comfortable in my heart knowing that and getting married to him, because a marriage is between two people. That's not what our relationship was."