'How I Live Now' director spills on Soairse Ronan’s boyfriend George McKay
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|Saoirse Ronan and George MacKay.|
Looks like Irish actress Saoirse Ronan, 19, has her first official boyfriend.
Kevin Macdonald, the director of her upcoming film How I Live Now, spilled the beans to the Irish Independent that Saoirse fell in love with her co-star George MacKay.
“What happened during the course of film, and I’m hoping that I’m not speaking out of turn, is that they fell in love and it was very easy,” blabbermouth Macdonald said.
“It was Saoirse’s first proper boyfriend and, in a way, I think she was living through the same thing that the character is going through. I suspected what was going on but they kept it very quiet.”
Saoirse hasn’t confirmed or denied what’s up with her personal life, but MacKay seems like a nice choice. He’s 21, a native of London and, like Saoirse, he’s been acting since he was a kid. Unlike her, he doesn’t already have an Academy Award nomination under his belt.
What Saoirse did confirm last week is that she auditioned for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII film that’s due to be directed by J.J. Abrams.
“Yeah, I did… I don’t know whether I should have said that now! I mean, everyone did. Everyone has auditioned for it,” she said. “So many people I know have gone in for the part.”
Saoirse offered no clues as to what the carefully guarded film may be about because she doesn’t have any idea.
“Nobody’s read the script. So I’ve gone in and read for it, but I have to say, I think it’s the only time I’ve ever thought, ‘You know what? Even if I don’t get it, I had so much fun auditioning, pretending to take out a light saber.’”
How I Live Now opens here next month. Saoirse plays an American girl on holiday in the English countryside with her family, soon finding herself in hiding and fighting for her survival as the third world war breaks out.
Be the first to make a comment.
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...