Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Has she no shame? Kathy Griffin goes too far in attacking 16-year-old Willow Palin
Posted on Wednesday, January 05, 2011 at 11:23 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
Kathy Griffin has gone too far this time.
The Irish American stand-up comedienne and Anderson Cooper sidekick has announced her new year resolution is to attack Willow Palin,daughter of Sarah because she is overweight.
The kid is just 16-years-old.
"I've already gone for Sarah, Todd and Bristol obviously. But I think it's Willow's year to go down. In 2011, I want to offend a new Palin," Fox News quoted her as having said.
Targeting a minor, especially on such an issue as weight loss is frankly, disgusting -- and should not belong in any comedian's repetoire.
Has she no shame?
Griffin should know better. She already got booed by US troops for attacking Willow during a live performance.
Hollywood publicist Angie Meyer has it right.
"To attack a young girl solely because of her last name seems rather contradictory of the types of justice she champions for others," Meyer said.
"A 50-year-old woman who chooses to attack a 16-year-old girl publicly at a time when cyber-bullying and teenage suicide are at their highest reported rates, not only sets irreconcilable example for others, it's tasteless, immoral, and frankly - classless," she stated.
Griffin claims she was going after Willow after she used nasty gay words on Facebook
"She's called people a fa---t on Facebook a couple of times. You don't throw around the f-word without hearing from me about it," she added.
C'mon Kathy, you're 50, she's sixteen.
Leave the kid alone.
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...