Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Gwyneth Paltrow cries when she eats pancakes
Posted on Saturday, December 24, 2011 at 08:29 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
Asked which of her dad's recipes mean most to her, she said: "His barbecued salmon with ginger and thyme and his 'world-famous' pancakes.
"It is hard for me to eat them because I keep expecting him to walk into the kitchen when I do. I make them very rarely and I cry every time. They are the essence of him in a food."
Gwyneth – who has children Apple, seven, and five-year-old Moses with her husband, Coldplay singer Chris Martin – thinks she is a "very traditional" wife who thinks her main responsibility is to her family.
She told the Metro newspaper: "I am very traditional in a 1950s housewife way; cooking, making sure everyone's fed and everything's in order. I think that a wife has a responsibility to make a home and protect the family.
"I also believe that a wife should be able to do whatever she wants and work if she wants. My mother was a less traditional wife than me. She worked to support the family."
Emigrant Irish flock back home as Christmas day approaches
Finding loved ones before Christmas after decades apart
How the Pogues ‘Fairytale of New York’ almost wasn't made - SEE VIDEO