Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Golden Globes: Ricky Gervais tells Conan O'Brien about the Mel Gibson joke that was axed - SEE VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 03:27 AM
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
Read more: Jimmy Fallon upstaged by Ricky Gervais as the Emmy Awards - SEE VIDEO
Last week on the "Conan O'Brien" Ricky Gervais let the public in on some of the gags that the Golden Globes wouldn't allow him to use (see video below) so it's hardly surprising that he isn't particularly bothered about the backlash from this years jokes.
This year he has a go at the Hollywood Foreign Press ("they also accepted bribes") and its president Phil Berk ("I just had to help him off the toilet and pop his teeth in. It was messy."). Berk later said Gervais had "crossed the line". (see second video below) He also had a go at Charlie Sheen, Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson, Hugh Hefner and Scientologists.
Writing on his blog Ricky didn't seem too phased. He said "I don't know what line I crossed. I didn't draw the line.'
The co-creator of "The Office" and "Extras" said, said when asked if he would present the awards again, "It doesn't really matter, because I'm not gonna do it again anyway. I said I wouldn't do a second time, but I think twice is enough." He also thanked all the comedians who stood by him. Also actors such as Bruce Willis, Al Pacino, and Christian Bale - voiced their support for him.
On his blog he also wrote about how the reaction to the jokes had been exaggerated. He wrote "'So and so was offended'... 'hasn't been invited back yet'... exactly the same as last time. 'Paul McCartney was furious'... no he wasn't. And nor was Tim Allen and Tom Hanks. I was drinking with them after."
"The rumor that the organizers stopped me going out on stage for an hour is rubbish. I did every link I was scheduled to do."
Latest Gossip Stories
- U2 pays tribute to South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom”...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...