Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Golden Globes: Ricky Gervais tells Conan O'Brien about the Mel Gibson joke that was axed - SEE VIDEO
Posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 at 03:27 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
Read more: Jimmy Fallon upstaged by Ricky Gervais as the Emmy Awards - SEE VIDEO
Last week on the "Conan O'Brien" Ricky Gervais let the public in on some of the gags that the Golden Globes wouldn't allow him to use (see video below) so it's hardly surprising that he isn't particularly bothered about the backlash from this years jokes.
This year he has a go at the Hollywood Foreign Press ("they also accepted bribes") and its president Phil Berk ("I just had to help him off the toilet and pop his teeth in. It was messy."). Berk later said Gervais had "crossed the line". (see second video below) He also had a go at Charlie Sheen, Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson, Hugh Hefner and Scientologists.
Writing on his blog Ricky didn't seem too phased. He said "I don't know what line I crossed. I didn't draw the line.'
The co-creator of "The Office" and "Extras" said, said when asked if he would present the awards again, "It doesn't really matter, because I'm not gonna do it again anyway. I said I wouldn't do a second time, but I think twice is enough." He also thanked all the comedians who stood by him. Also actors such as Bruce Willis, Al Pacino, and Christian Bale - voiced their support for him.
On his blog he also wrote about how the reaction to the jokes had been exaggerated. He wrote "'So and so was offended'... 'hasn't been invited back yet'... exactly the same as last time. 'Paul McCartney was furious'... no he wasn't. And nor was Tim Allen and Tom Hanks. I was drinking with them after."
"The rumor that the organizers stopped me going out on stage for an hour is rubbish. I did every link I was scheduled to do."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...