Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Golden Globe winner Jessica Chastain becomes ‘vulnerable’ when nominated for awards
Posted on Friday, January 25, 2013 at 08:33 AM
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
- Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman are expecting another baby girl
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
She explained: "I don't work for awards but when you receive support and encouragement, it opens me up more, it helps me be vulnerable.
"I think that's why I got so emotional at the Golden Globes - to feel the support I was getting at that moment made me feel like I could do anything."
Since soaring to fame after playing ditzy housewife Celia Foote in 2011's 'The Help' - which she won numerous Best Supporting Actress awards for - Jessica ensures she focuses more on her career and avoids causing any drama in her personal life.
She said: "I really made an effort to not put myself in situations where my private life becomes more interesting than my work.
"Like being seen dancing on a table in a nightclub. I'm not interested in that kind of, er, acknowledgement."
After a busy year of promoting and filming several different movies, Jessica, 35, plans to take a well deserved holiday to Europe in March.
She added in an interview with the Metro newspaper: "I'm going to go to Italy. Mostly, I'm going to spend time in Milan and hang out and eat a lot of pasta.
"I love the cinema in Europe, I love the museums. I would be so happy if I spoke three languages."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...