Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Golden Globe winner Daniel Day-Lewis is a ‘sucker’ for compliments
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 08:41 AM
- ‘Twilight’ star Kristen Stewart enjoyed a night at Hooters in Texas
- Amanda Bynes to under second surgery on her nose
- Channing Tatum will produce new comedy sitcom 'Nicky'
- Oscar winner Ben Affleck says three kids is 'enough’
- Robert Pattinson is renting a holiday home in Canada for the summer after split from Kristen Stewart
|Daniel Day Lewis|
He said: "I don't go looking for reviews, but they tend to find you, good and band. People encourage you to look at both.
"I'm a sucker when people say nice things, and it's unpleasant when people write unpleasant things. I'm still sensitive towards that."
Daniel - who has sons Ronan, 14, and 10-year-old Cashel, wife Rebecca Miller as well as 18-year-old Gabriel-Kane with ex-girlfriend Isabella Adjani - is aware people have different views on him, from obsessively driven to a recluse during filming, but takes all the rumours and "misrepresentations" in his stride.
He added to Time Out magazine: "Maybe people just prefer to believe the other thing. I honestly don't know. I can't account [for people's views].
"It's an odd thing, though. It feels odd, yeah, to be so consistently misrepresented in that way and have to bear responsibility for the rumours that other people create about you. But anyway, there you go."
See more: US president