Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Golden Globe winner Daniel Day-Lewis is a ‘sucker’ for compliments
Posted on Thursday, January 17, 2013 at 08:41 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
|Daniel Day Lewis|
He said: "I don't go looking for reviews, but they tend to find you, good and band. People encourage you to look at both.
"I'm a sucker when people say nice things, and it's unpleasant when people write unpleasant things. I'm still sensitive towards that."
Daniel - who has sons Ronan, 14, and 10-year-old Cashel, wife Rebecca Miller as well as 18-year-old Gabriel-Kane with ex-girlfriend Isabella Adjani - is aware people have different views on him, from obsessively driven to a recluse during filming, but takes all the rumours and "misrepresentations" in his stride.
He added to Time Out magazine: "Maybe people just prefer to believe the other thing. I honestly don't know. I can't account [for people's views].
"It's an odd thing, though. It feels odd, yeah, to be so consistently misrepresented in that way and have to bear responsibility for the rumours that other people create about you. But anyway, there you go."
See more: US president
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...