Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Golden Globe winner Anne Hathaway and Katie Holmes are allegedly bitter rivals
Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 08:17 AM
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
|Hathaway and Holmes|
A source told the National Enquirer: "Anne and Katie are long-time rivals.
"Anne puts forth a very genial, friendly image, but she has a wicked competitive streak. She doesn't like Katie because they used to go up for similar roles.
"Anne always felt like Katie used her Hollywood connections through Tom to advance her career. And she constantly makes fun of Katie behind her back, mocking her former marriage and even her appearance.
"Simply put, there is no love lost between Anne and Katie. It all comes down to the fact that Anne doesn't take Katie seriously as an actress. And Katie's gotten Anne's message loud and clear."
Their feud has allegedly become even more intense since Anne impersonated Katie, who has a six-year-old daughter Suri with Tom, on 'Saturday Night Live' recently during a skit interview with 'The Ellen DeGeneres Show', putting on a slightly vacant expression and mocking her demeanour.
She joked: "Well if you read US Weekly you'll know that Suri and I spend every waking minute at the zoo."
Both actresses starred in the Batman franchise. Katie appeared as Rachel Dawes in the first installment 'Batman Begins' in 2005 but was replaced by Maggie Gyllenhaal in the second film 'The Dark Knight' in 2008, while Anne appeared as Catwoman in the final installment of the series 'The Dark Knight Rises' last year.
See more: Irish Celebrity Gossip
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...