Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Glenn Beck has lost half his audience
Posted on Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 11:45 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
Fox News personality Glenn Beck has been enduring a ratings slide for weeks now. By attracting only 1.7 million viewers on Friday, Beck hit a new all time low which is now 50 percent off of his peak audience of 3.4 million.
Beck pulled an all time low of 1.776 million viewers on Friday, marking a new low which has quickly turned into a free fall since January. At his peak, Beck could draw 3.4 million plus viewers a day.
Each week Beck starts strong on Monday, but he loses viewers on each of the following days of the week. Last Monday, Beck had 2.3 million viewers. By Tuesday, he had 2.1 million viewers. On Wednesday and Thursday, he had 2 million viewers, and by Friday he was down to 1.77 million viewers.
The root of the problem, critics say, remains Beck himself. Beck now fancies himself to be a political leader now and not an entertainer, they say. The problem is that viewers don’t really seem to like the new, serious Glenn Beck one bit.