Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Glee's' Jane Lynch says her wife helped her be a more emotionally open person
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 05:41 AM
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction worry Zayn Malik will miss their gigs because he is so forgetful
- Robert Pattinson found messages from Rupert Saunders on Kristen Stewart's phone on his birthday
- Drew Barrymore is selling her Californian house for $7.5 million
- ‘Bridesmaids’ star Melissa McCarthy got an extra fired on the set of ‘Tammy’
The 'Glee' actress used to avoid intimacy with people before meeting her partner Lara Embry - who she tied the knot with last summer – but her spouse has changed her outlook on life.
Speaking about her new autobiography 'Happy Accidents', Jane said: “When I was getting to know my wife, Lara, we’d take walks in Runyon Canyon and I’d tell her how I'd used to go out of my way to feel alienated and avoid people. The woman Lara knows today is nothing like that – I’m now so open to connection and intimacy I surprise myself – so she said, ‘Why don’t we write these stories down?' "
As well as giving an insight into her marriage, Jane also hopes the book will let fans understand her 'Glee' alter-ego, bullying cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester, a bit better.
Speaking to AARP the Magazine, she said: “That dark side made me quite the diva – not just intolerant but intolerable. Like Sue, I wanted nothing more than to belong to a group, yet I couldn’t help pushing people away.”
Damian McGinty has made it to the final four on ‘The Glee Project’ - VIDEO
'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy receives homophobic death threats
‘Glee’ creator Ryan Murphy shocks fans - three cast members set to leave