Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Glee's' Jane Lynch says her wife helped her be a more emotionally open person
Posted on Wednesday, August 10, 2011 at 05:41 AM
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"
- Paris Hilton angered by Nelson Mandela Twitter hoax
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school
The 'Glee' actress used to avoid intimacy with people before meeting her partner Lara Embry - who she tied the knot with last summer – but her spouse has changed her outlook on life.
Speaking about her new autobiography 'Happy Accidents', Jane said: “When I was getting to know my wife, Lara, we’d take walks in Runyon Canyon and I’d tell her how I'd used to go out of my way to feel alienated and avoid people. The woman Lara knows today is nothing like that – I’m now so open to connection and intimacy I surprise myself – so she said, ‘Why don’t we write these stories down?' "
As well as giving an insight into her marriage, Jane also hopes the book will let fans understand her 'Glee' alter-ego, bullying cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester, a bit better.
Speaking to AARP the Magazine, she said: “That dark side made me quite the diva – not just intolerant but intolerable. Like Sue, I wanted nothing more than to belong to a group, yet I couldn’t help pushing people away.”
Damian McGinty has made it to the final four on ‘The Glee Project’ - VIDEO
'Glee' creator Ryan Murphy receives homophobic death threats
‘Glee’ creator Ryan Murphy shocks fans - three cast members set to leave
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Amanda Bynes is advised against attending fashion school...
- George Clooney finds gay rumors about himself amusing...
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...