Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Glee's' Jane Lynch relied on the US Postal Service to tell her parents she was gay
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2011 at 10:29 AM
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab
- “Dracula” star Jonathan Rhys Meyers spotted partying in London nightclubs
- Tragic “Fast and Furious” star Paul Walker proud of his Irish roots
- Orlando Bloom is dating 'Lord of the Rings' co-star Liv Tyler
In an interview with TV talk show host Chelsea Lately, she said: "I was living the gay lifestyle prior to [coming out to them).
I was distanced from my parents. And I felt very, very separate from them.
“So I wrote them a letter pouring my heart out. But you're given a stamp and an envelope after you write it!”
However, Jane - who is now happily married to psychologist Lara Embry – had nothing to worry about because her parents were very accepting.
For more stories on 'Glee' and its characters click here
Damian McGinty’s first ‘Glee’ episode ‘Pot O’ Gold’ could feature leprechauns
Jane Lynch's biggest regret is having an affair with her friend's lover
She said: "This was now 12 years later from when I was 18 … their reaction might have been different if I was 18. They had heard of gay people at this point! They were great. They really embraced me."
Jane, 51, is very happy with Lara and has previously said she and their dog are the loves of her life.
She said: "Lara is the love of my life. And my dog Olivia. And my dog Olivia is also the love of Lara's life.
With Lara, I knew right away that she was very important, I got that rush on a soul level, and so did she, and we both looked at each other and almost had like a recognition."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- George Clooney isn't bothered about not being a father...
- Amanda Bynes has been released from rehab...
- Jamie Dornan heads to Canada as filming begins on “Fifty Shades of Grey”...
- U2 pays tribute to late South African leader at screening of “Mandela: Long Walk to Freedo...
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...