Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Glee's' Amber Riley wants singer, song-writer Adele to be her best friend
Posted on Monday, September 26, 2011 at 10:15 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
She said: "When I covered Adele's song, she emailed to thank me.
"I love Adele, I want her to be my best friend. She could come to the US, live with me and sing to me every morning."
The 25-year-old actress feels she has a responsibility to her young fans and tries to be a role model.
Top five quotes from ‘Glee’s’ Damian McGinty
'Glee’ celebs full of praise for Damian McGinty
Damian McGinty charms ‘Glee’ cast members Lea Michele, Corey Monteith
She told Reveal magazine: "I feel like I have a responsibility to young girls. When you're a celebrity, you have two choices – you're either just famous, or you can be an example.
"I chose to be a role model. I get a lot of letters from young girls and they need somebody who looks like them, someone who isn't what you'd expect in Hollywood.
"I'm very different to that standard image and I think they can relate to that."