Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Glee' star Jane Lynch thinks Dame Helen Mirren is a 'vixen'
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 at 08:28 AM
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam
- Amy Adams takes credit for her kiss with "cute" Jennifer Lawrence in 'American Hustle'
|Dame Helen Mirren|
She revealed: "Someone like Helen Mirren [does something for me]: she's a vixen and she's got a potty mouth and she'd be crazy. When I met her, she was so immediately familiar and hilarious.
"What I love most about British actors is that they don't have to be beautiful to work. Remember Juliet Stevenson in 'Truly, Madly, Deeply'? All those tears and all that snot coming out of her nose? She's beautiful in her own way but not classic looking."
Jane, 52, has been happily married to her partner Lara Embry since 2010 and - although the couple are content - Jane is aware that certain strong-willed celebrities would make her wife jealous.
When asked if there are any actresses Lara would be worried about, Jane replied to Britain's Glamour magazine: "Yes; Jennifer Saunders. I love actresses who make big choices, and she makes huge, gargantuan choices."
Latest Gossip Stories
- Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson are planning a festive break in France...
- Lindsay Lohan is reportedly dating Liam Neeson's son Michael...
- Colin Farrell thinks there’s a double standard for women when it comes to bad behavior...
- Jamie Dornan will be great in “Fifty Shades of Gray” says Charlie Hunnam...
- James Franco and Chris O’Dowd to star in “Of Mice and Men” on Broadway...
- One Direction scoops two trophies at the American Music Awards...