Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Glee' star Jane Lynch thinks Dame Helen Mirren is a 'vixen'
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 at 08:28 AM
- Kristen Stewart has been leaning on her friends since splitting from Robert Pattinson
- One Direction's clean freak Harry Styles' bandmates have nicknamed him "Mrs. Mop"
- "Broken City" star Mark Wahlberg's son loves to punch him "in the nuts"
- One Direction’s Niall Horan says he’ll strip naked if his The Eagles go on tour
- Carey Mulligan "scared" Joel and Ethan Coen with her foul-mouthed audition tape for "Inside Llewyn Davis"
|Dame Helen Mirren|
She revealed: "Someone like Helen Mirren [does something for me]: she's a vixen and she's got a potty mouth and she'd be crazy. When I met her, she was so immediately familiar and hilarious.
"What I love most about British actors is that they don't have to be beautiful to work. Remember Juliet Stevenson in 'Truly, Madly, Deeply'? All those tears and all that snot coming out of her nose? She's beautiful in her own way but not classic looking."
Jane, 52, has been happily married to her partner Lara Embry since 2010 and - although the couple are content - Jane is aware that certain strong-willed celebrities would make her wife jealous.
When asked if there are any actresses Lara would be worried about, Jane replied to Britain's Glamour magazine: "Yes; Jennifer Saunders. I love actresses who make big choices, and she makes huge, gargantuan choices."