Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
'Glee' star Jane Lynch thinks Dame Helen Mirren is a 'vixen'
Posted on Monday, January 07, 2013 at 08:28 AM
- Bradley Cooper is ‘grateful for’ 'The Hangover' franchise
- George Clooney’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler wants to star in a romantic comedy
- ‘Suddenly Susan’ star Brooke Shields has overcome her fear of talk shows
- Sinead O’Connor gets kicked off dating website for her dirty talk
- Kristen Stewart is leaning on her female friends following her split from Robert Pattinson
|Dame Helen Mirren|
She revealed: "Someone like Helen Mirren [does something for me]: she's a vixen and she's got a potty mouth and she'd be crazy. When I met her, she was so immediately familiar and hilarious.
"What I love most about British actors is that they don't have to be beautiful to work. Remember Juliet Stevenson in 'Truly, Madly, Deeply'? All those tears and all that snot coming out of her nose? She's beautiful in her own way but not classic looking."
Jane, 52, has been happily married to her partner Lara Embry since 2010 and - although the couple are content - Jane is aware that certain strong-willed celebrities would make her wife jealous.
When asked if there are any actresses Lara would be worried about, Jane replied to Britain's Glamour magazine: "Yes; Jennifer Saunders. I love actresses who make big choices, and she makes huge, gargantuan choices."