‘Glee’ star Jane Lynch is friends with her therapist
- Ronnie Wood hasn't been able to pin down Niall Horan for guitar lessons
- Tara Reid claims she was glassed in the face by a "psycho" clubber
- Amy Adams hit Bradley Cooper so hard he needed an ice pack on "American Hustle"
- Lindsay Lohan apologized to Oprah Winfrey for being linked to Barron Hilton assault
- Ellen DeGeneres slammed reports her marriage to Portia de Rossi on the rocks
The 53-year-old star who plays therapist Dr. Judith in her new film 'A.C.O.D' finds the practice of psychotherapy to resolve childhood issues or personal problems a fascinating social science.
Jane - who is openly a lesbian and a recovering alcoholic - has always been open about her reliance of therapy and insists she and her doctor share a close bond.
The actress - who is most famous for her role as Sue Sylvester in 'Glee' - said: "But I think I'm fascinated with therapy and I'm fascinated with my own therapist. I have a terrific therapist who I've seen over the years and I would say we're probably friends now. We've come to the point where we're friends ... She's a very interesting person."
Jane - whose three-year marriage to her wife, clinical psychologist Lara Embry, ended in July - thinks therapy can help actors improve their skills and make it easier for them to get into character.
She told Collider.com: "That kind of exploration that you do in therapy makes you more open and more creative and more empathetic.
"You're able to see a character from the point of view of the inside out, as opposed to, 'Oh, I'm playing a bad guy.' Let's get deep inside this person so we know what makes a sociopath tick. What in me is sociopathic? And we all have it."
Be the first to make a comment.
- Courteney Cox is dating Snow Patrol County Derry musician Johnny McDaid...
- Bono, Charlize Theron among stars at Nelson Mandela's memorial...
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...