Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
‘Glee’ creator Ryan Murphy has got engaged - but will not reveal the lucky man's name
Posted on Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 11:09 AM
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
- Demi Moore wants Ashton Kutcher to pay for her New York home renovations
- Christine Quinn and Khloe Kardashian almost wore same wedding dress - 'I was devastated because that was my dress!' says mayoral hopeful
- Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott gave her a 3-carat diamond ring to mark their seventh wedding anniversary
In an interview with Ryan Seacrest on his KIIS-FM radio show on Friday (17.06.11), he excitedly said: “I'm with a great fellow now who I've known for 15 years. We just got engaged and I'm very excited about it!"
As well as his engagement, Ryan also had an announcement about the future of ‘Glee.'
The producer is planning to phase out some cast members and bring in new characters as some of the glee club graduate from high school.
He said: “I don’t think of it in terms of eliminating or replacing. Because I think the thing about this cast is people love them and they are incredibly talented. They’ve left sort of an indelible mark.
“We’ve got Matt Morrison and Jane Lynch who will stay and be the male and female lynchpins of the series. But I think the fun thing about the show is it’s a celebration of youth and talent and I think that just like with the original cast, I think finding those young unknown people and giving them an opportunity to break into the business and become stars is a really fun and exciting thing and is the spirit of the series.”