Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
Gerard Butler is inspired to have a family by his new film 'Playing For Keeps'
Posted on Friday, December 21, 2012 at 08:28 AM
- One Direction star Harry Styles spent the night with Rod Stewart's daughter Kimberly
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Patrick Dempsey would consider selling pot in his coffee shops
- ‘Silver Liver Playbook’ star Bradley Cooper is a hopeless romantic
- Niall Horan says eating Irish sausages and playing Croke Park will be ‘biggest moment’ in One Direction career
- One Direction's boys claim their tour bus is surprisingly boring
|Butler in a scene from 'Playing for Keeps'|
Speaking on British TV chat show 'Lorraine', Gerard - who is dating model Madalina Ghenea - said: "I have a girlfriend and she's very nice, and I would love to settle down at some point for sure. Especially doing a movie like this, you play a father and you hang out with these kids and they're awesome.
"I mean genuinely awesome! To the point where you go, I want a kid, I want a kid just like you."
In his new film, Gerard plays a former sports star who tries to reconnect with his estranged son by coaching his soccer team. The Scottish stud confessed the highlight of the film was bonding with Noah Lomax, the adorable 10-year-old actor who plays his on-screen child, and he joked he was desperate to adopt him when the movie wrapped.
Gerard said: "It was a crazy bunch of kids, but to be honest that's what made the movie so much fun, playing with them every day. Even my kid, he was just a dream. He became my best buddy at the end of the movie. I wanted to adopt him!
"I tried to buy Noah I thought maybe I could take him with me but his mum said he's not for sale. He's just a diamond little kid."