Gerard Butler doesn't spend too much time in New York - because he can't any work done
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
The 43-year-old actor has homes in Los Angeles and 'The Big Apple' but he tends to spend more time at his LA base because he gets distracted too easily in New York to focus on his career.
He said: "I enjoy living in LA but I also have a place in New York. Only I love New York so much that I don't get any work done. I can't get my head down and read scripts. I want to be out walking or going to the theatre. In LA you get disciplined - you train, you write."
Butler is originally from Scotland but has been based in Hollywood since his career really exploded.
The 'Olympus Has Fallen' star misses his home country but accepts he needs to be Stateside to be a successful leading man.
In an interview with the new UK issue of OK! magazine, he added: "You can live in Britain, but without a doubt it helps to live over there, especially if you're producing too as often a meeting will come up and the director's in town for one day and everyone else is based there."
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"...
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"...
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack...
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...