Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
George Clooney's father thinks the Hollywood star would make a great US president
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2011 at 11:30 AM
- ‘Twilight’ couple Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson had reportedly grown apart
- ‘X Factor’ judge Demi Lovato is having her tonsils out this summer
- Lindsay Lohan allegedly struggling with her latest stint in rehab
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart reportedly going their separate ways after latest split
- ‘One Direction’ lothario Harry Styles is reportedly being romantically pursued by Ke$ha and Rihanna
Although 'The Ides of March' actor has previously ruled out running for the top job in American politics, George Clooney's father Nick – who failed in his own attempt to be elected to Kentucky's 4th Congressional District in 2004 - wishes his son would change his mind because he thinks he would be a "great public servant."
Speaking on 'The John Murray Show' on Ireland's RTE Radio One, Nick said: "I don't know whether [George] will even run for president. I know he closely followed my race for the U.S. House of Representatives in Kentucky, but he didn't like what he saw. He understands compromise but I don't think he's comfortable with the level of compromise involved in politics. My guess is he will not run for elective office although I do hope I'm wrong as I think he would make a great public servant."
Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Katie Perry and other stars jet into Belfast
‘Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn’ Part 1 clip revealed – Kristen Stewart prepares for her wedding – VIDEO
Nick - who has had a successful career as a journalist - also revealed he doesn't mind being referred to as George's father because he is used to having a famous sister, the singer Rosemary Clooney.
The 77-year-old said: "I don't mind being referred to as George's Dad, I had plenty of training, I was known as Rosemary's brother for a long time before this."