Amy Andrews Gossip Girl by Amy Andrews
George Clooney's father thinks the Hollywood star would make a great US president
Posted on Saturday, November 05, 2011 at 11:30 AM
- Will Ferrell tried to keep Kanye West happy on the set of "Anchorman 2"
- Vin Diesel comforted by Paul Walker's family after losing his "other half"
- Paris Hilton's brother plans to sue Lindsay Lohan after ordered attack
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother
Although 'The Ides of March' actor has previously ruled out running for the top job in American politics, George Clooney's father Nick – who failed in his own attempt to be elected to Kentucky's 4th Congressional District in 2004 - wishes his son would change his mind because he thinks he would be a "great public servant."
Speaking on 'The John Murray Show' on Ireland's RTE Radio One, Nick said: "I don't know whether [George] will even run for president. I know he closely followed my race for the U.S. House of Representatives in Kentucky, but he didn't like what he saw. He understands compromise but I don't think he's comfortable with the level of compromise involved in politics. My guess is he will not run for elective office although I do hope I'm wrong as I think he would make a great public servant."
Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Katie Perry and other stars jet into Belfast
‘Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn’ Part 1 clip revealed – Kristen Stewart prepares for her wedding – VIDEO
Nick - who has had a successful career as a journalist - also revealed he doesn't mind being referred to as George's father because he is used to having a famous sister, the singer Rosemary Clooney.
The 77-year-old said: "I don't mind being referred to as George's Dad, I had plenty of training, I was known as Rosemary's brother for a long time before this."
Be the first to make a comment.
Latest Gossip Stories
- Paris Hilton vows to make Lindsay Lohan "pay" for ordering an attack on her brother ...
- The Wanted star Siva Kaneswaran has got engaged to his long-term girlfriend Nareesha McCaf...
- Susan Boyle believes her mother's ghost is with her "all the time"...
- One Direction are close to signing a deal for their own reality show...
- Noel Gallagher thinks "embarrassing" Miley Cyrus has put female artists back "five years"...
- John Travolta's was upset 'Look Who's Talking' costar Kirstie Alley flirted with him...